These spicy Cajun steak tips remind me so much of New Orleans, full of flavor and oh so delicious. As much as I would love to jump on a plane right now and head to NOLA, I’ll settle for a this simple little spicy reminder and imagine myself there…
Cajun seasoning isn’t too spicy so I added a bit of ground ghost pepper for heat…you can add as little or as much as you want. These Cajun steak tips are also easy to make and can be on your dinner plate in about 10 minutes. I make this with a side of greens like a buttery, garlic spinach or steamed broccoli with butter or bitter broccoli rabe. You can even have these as an appetizer for a few people, just wash it down with ice cold beer! Enjoy!
- 1 lb Steak Loin
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt (optional if Cajun seasoning is low in salt)
- ¼ ground ghost pepper
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Cut steak into 2 inch cubes and pat dry with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
- Add Cajun seasoning, pepper, and salt in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle over steak and rub in the seasoning making sure all surfaces of the steak are covered.
- In a cast iron skillet or heavy bottom skillet heat olive oil on medium heat. When hot, add steak. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add butter and turn each piece of steak until all sides are well browned on each side. About 2-3 minutes each side.