Oh my! All I have to say is you must make these spicy honey whiskey hot wings. They’re saucy, messy and hot, hot, hot! I used Salamander’s Whiskey hot sauce which is already friggin amazing but wanted to add a bit of sweetness to tame the heat just a bit. If you like mouth burning wings, and I mean the kind that make your lips burn for at least a good 10-15 minutes, then this is it.
This was the best photo I could take at the time, tough handling a camera with sticky fingers!
- 2 lbs chicken wings, split
- 1 tsp Adobo seasoning
- 1 cup Salamander Whiskey Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ salt
- *1/4 cup whiskey, optional
- Season the wings and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil and add wings. Boil the wings for about 10-12 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Add the hot sauce, honey, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and optional whiskey to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Continue cooking until sauce thickens a little then remove from heat and set aside.
- When chicken is done, drain chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat about ¼ inch of oil in a saute pan and pan fry the wings until wings are brown and crispy.
- Transfer wings to paper towels to absorb oil then toss in a bowl with the prepared wing sauce.
- Stir until wings are well covered and serve.
Make it for you next football game, your Friday night dinner, your next party, just make it!